Sunday, March 15, 2009

Going strong and 28 more days to go!

Heyhey--It has been 2 and a half weeks and I am still dessert-free! I think my sister is the most shocked that I have lasted this long because she witnesses on a daily basis how much dessert I usually make. Even though I have not been able to eat sweets, I am still reading my cookbooks everyday and looking at recipes online. For a few years now, when I have spare time, I look up recipes online and in my cookbook collection. I love learning the difference butter vs. margarine makes in cookies, or baking powder vs. baking soda, the amounts of certain ingredients. I take this knowledge and experiment in the kitchen with my own recipes. It is one of my very favorite things to do! For example, a few weeks ago I make the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made by combining a few different recipes. My perfect cookie is crispy on the edges and soft/almost gooey on the insides. I figured out out to make that happen and it was glorious! Anyway, the reason I am telling you all of this is that I have realized even though I cannot eat sweets, I still absolutely love baking. I am itching to bake right now and will definitely be in the kitchen this week!

P.S. I want to thank Ashlin last night for being the best sister/best friend ever in the universe for putting a smile on my face. I love you Ashmash!

No comments:

Post a Comment