Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 2

I did something Tuesday that was uplifting, scary, and exciting all at the same time. In addition to giving up desserts during Lent, I am trying to give compliments to someone each day, share the gospel, and/or invite them to church. This is a big deal for me, because I have always been pretty private about my faith.

I am taking a karate class as a p.e. at N.C. State and absolutely love it. It is challenging and a completely different experience than dance, but I like being challenged in this way. Our teacher is so great and full on knowledge...he is tough while being patient. I have always caught a hint of "faith" in his speeches about karate and became curious. Well, we found out last week that today is his last day teaching us because he will be undergoing a serious surgery and will be out the rest of the school year. I thought, "this is your chance!"

So, I went up to him Tuesday after class and nervously told him, "I do not know if you are a christian, but I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you." And he said, "I am a christian and I appreciate that so much." I was so happy to hear that and sincerely hope he has a strong relationship with Christ. Even that simple statement proclaiming my faith made me feel eager and ready to start doing more of that.

I am doing okay, so far today, with the whole no dessert thing...I am keeping on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment